Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 1 of my personal healthy challenge - Jan 25,2015.

This morning my weight was 81.4 Kg. I am 1.65 mt tall. My BMI is 29.9. According to BMI classification I am 0.1 away to be considered obese.

BMI classification:

Underweight: <18.5
Normal weight: 18.5 - 24.9
Overweight: 25 - 29.9
Obesity: 30 or greater

Pretty depressing after being an active and healthy person at 52 Kg. That is not realistic any longer after having 2 children and 20 years older but, I can definitely improve my current health status.
That is my goal. To be healthier.
I need to go to normal weight category. That is all I ask. I want to stop feeling heavy and clumsy. I want to be faster and smarter... Good nutrition is the main way to get to it...

I will be using the following apps to help register this journey:

Mi fitness pal - free
BMI calculator (Data supply) - free
Run Keeper - free

All are free and available from the web.
If there is anybody out there that want/needs to join me in this challenge please feel free to comment and I'll be happy to share with you my experience and tricks.

So far I already had breakfast and had 2 cups of water.  It included 2 scramble eggs with low fat cheese and mushroom, 2 slices of Canadian bacon and arugula salad with 1 slice of baked turkey, flaxseeds, nuts and 1 tablespoon of low fat Thousand Island dressing.

So far so good. Let's see what else can I do the rest of the day. I need to lose 200 gr per day. That is a very achievable goal I believe.

I am planning to go to the gym (too cold to run outdoor) and study the rest of the day.

Talk to you later (TTYL).

Update at 8pm:
Almost done for the day.
Have been doing my homework. Did 30 min of cardio (indoor; it was -23C outside). I still have to eat dinner but I'm not feeling as hungry as I usually am.
Planning for a yogurt or a soup.
Tomorrow I need to go to work but I'll weight myself early morning to check my daily weight loss which needs to be at least 200 gr.
Wish me luck.

Tulip.


No comments:

Post a Comment